More employers are offering a high deductible health plan (HDHP) paired with a Health Savings Account (HSA). This type of plan is also called a “HSA Plan” or a “Consumer-Directed Health Plan”.
Employers use these plans for a variety of reasons. They can represent a lower cost option for many employees. HSA plans can also help employees build triple tax-free assets to pay for current and future health care expenses. These plans also help employees become more aware of the cost of health care and be smarter consumers of health care. This can help moderate the health care cost trend for both employees and the employer.
In this webcast, we describe how employers are using these plans to better satisfy their, and their employees’, objectives.
We would like to register you and your management team for this concise and informative webcast.
In 30 minutes, you will learn:
- How HSA plans work
- The pros and cons of these plans
- The impact of these plans on employer and employee costs
- How to determine if a HSA plan is right for your business
- Strategies to maximize employee adoption of an HSA plan
- Best practices to transition employees to “full-replacement” over time, where the only plans offered are these consumer-directed health plans